An Accredited Professional Photographer is a professional photographer who has met the AIPP accreditation standards and is a current AIPP member.
On September 18th 2015 the ACCC accepted the rules which are to govern the new Australian Institute of Professional Photographers (AIPP) "Accredited Professional" program. This program is a significant step toward making photography a true profession and not simply a trade.
An accredited professional can now differentiate themselves and set the benchmark for professional photography or video production.
The "Accredited Professional Photographer" logo is the unique mark awarded only to those AIPP members who have achieved the required accreditation standard as an APP (Accredited Professional Photographer).
The APP logo is protected under Australian trademark legislation and can only be used by AIPP accredited members.
If you want to be sure that your professional is an Accredited Professional...Look for the logo!
If you are not sure, ask them, "Are you an AIPP Accredited Professional?"
For further information, please access the AIPP website which gives you the official statement about "What is an Accredited Professional Photographer?".
Why Use an Accredited Professional?
With continuous improvements and greater accessibility to cameras that produce a high quality image, why should you commission an AIPP Accredited Professional?
The old saying "you get what you pay for" is a short and highly accurate answer.
Using an Accredited Professional means that…
If you want to make sure you choose a professional photographer or video producer, make sure you LOOK FOR THE LOGO and choose an Accredited Professional.
- You are working with a professional whose status has been formally validated and recognised
- You are working with a professional who is a member of the only recognised professional imaging membership body in Australia.
- You are working with a professional who adheres to AIPP required level of service and quality, a standard we set, regardless of the standards the professional sets for themselves.
- You are working with a professional who has been through our accreditation process
- You are working with a professional who is bound by AIPP Code of Professional Practice
Look me up at the AIPP SEARCH FOR A PRO.
If you want to make sure you choose a professional photographer, make sure you LOOK FOR THE LOGO and choose an Accredited Professional.